This step is pretty straightforward. We now need to somehow attach the microcontroller, motor driver, breadboard, and battery pack in the robot chassis.
I decided that I had to install the components in the bottom. The problem was the bottom of the box was full of tires and zip ties, so that I couldn't find a flat surface to mount the breadboard and battery pack to. I decided to glue a couple of pieces of foam down, then mount on top of the foam.
I used Gorilla Glue to mount the foam and components. Hot glue would have been easier and quicker, but I don't think it would have been near as solid as the Gorilla Glue. It was my first time using Gorilla Glue, and I am impressed with how well it did. I did allow the glue to dry for around 10 hours.
As far as the components that I added in this step:
400 point breadboard - $3.25 shipped on eBay
Meduino Nano - $12.79 shipped on eBay
TB6612FNG Dual Motor Driver Carrier - $8.45 at Pololu
Obviously, there are a wide range of breadboards / perfboards / stripboards, microcontrollers, and motor drivers out there. Some may be a better choice for you. I'm using these components for ease, costs and because I have them on hand.
Note that I only use one power rail on the breadboard. Also, the Meduino Nano is a really nice implementation of the Arduino Nano, with the Atmega 328 chip. The Meduino Nano is switchable between 3V and 5V operation, which also changes the operating speed between 8Mhz and 16Mhz.
When I get "done" with the first prototype of this bot I'll put a list of all the parts source and prices on the first page of this build series. I am trying to source a lot of stuff from eBay with free Chinese shipping. The stuff I can't source there, I am trying to source all at Pololu. They have pretty good prices, and I'd like to keep the number of places you are paying shipping down to a minimum.
Expect the wire hookup and initial test run videos soon - they are already in the can and awaiting some quick editing before I post them tomorrow!